Lions Clubs are part of community life, in the cities and in the country. Clubs are easily identified by their distinctive Logo, the trademark of our International Association, and the 'We Serve'; motto.
Lions Australia is part of an international association, filled with people who are joined by the common desire to make their communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
Lions Club of Sydney Inner West was founded in 1998 as a Chinese based Lions Club. The third Chinese based Lions Club in Sydney. Initially named Lions Club of Ashfield Inner West with its charter members from the Ashfield area. Later our Past President Jonathan Yee had changed its name to Lions Club of Sydney Inner West to attract more people to join. Even though we have a Chinese base membership, membership is open to all people of the community in good standing.
The PURPOSE of our Lions Club is to assist and Serve and Lions Club of Sydney Inner West aims to serve the 'Elderly' and the 'Children' of our local community. We are here to 'SERVE'.
Our Achievement by our club and it members so far:
- 2001-2002 Membership Excellence
- 2001-2002 President's Retention Campaign
- 2010-2011 Membership Excellence
- 2011-2012 Membership Excellence
- Membership Excellence 2010-2011
- New Club Sponsor 2012
- Melvin Jones Fellowship
- The Neil Williams Black Opal Award 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014
- 2014 Barry J Palmer Fellowship *6
- William R Tressie Award 2012
- ALCMF Bronze Award 2012
- Helen Keller Fellowship 2013
- International President Leadership Award to Presdient Vin Pan and IPP Jonathan Yee
Members of the Board:
- President: Vin Pang
- IPP: Jonathan Yee
- Vice-Presidents: Albert Yen, Bill Jiang, James Liu
- Secretary: Valentine Yee
- Treasurer: Alby Lam
- Assistant Secretary: Alby Lam
- Assistant Treasurer: Helen Fu
- Membership Director: Edward Poon
- Public Officer: Jonathan Yee
- Web Administrator: Anson Chung